Procedure No: 8 – 100
Date: April 2020
Page 1 of 1
The Management of Bench is committed to providing environmentally sound services for civil works and strives for Best Practice in meeting State and Federal legislation. A key aspect of achieving this goal is through the Company performing its core business activities in an environmentally responsible manner.
Bench aims to achieve this goal through:
- complying with and undertaking activities in accordance with current licences, relevant environmental legislation and regulations
- providing education and training to key personnel in environmental regulation and operating procedures
- developing, implementing, and complying with AS/NZS ISO 14001:2016 Environmental Management Systems
- conducting environmental audits to check compliance with statutory requirements, managing environmental risks and minimising legal liabilities
- providing clear guidelines on practices and procedures, which may impact on the health and safety of our employees or on the environment
- ensuring staff and contractors are aware of and integrate EMS considerations into their day to day activities
- requiring contractors to implement practices that are consistent with the company’s EMS policies
- preparing and testing emergency response procedures
- continuous improvement of our environmental performance with a focus on the prevention of pollution created by our offsite activity. Achievement of this goal comes from developing and implementing processes and practices that avoid, reduce, recycle, treat or control pollutants
- actively promoting waste minimisation practices and effective resource recovery practices
- our Operations Manual integrating ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and AS 4801.